Gluten Free Shortbread
A Special Valentines Recipe
If you are searching for an easy, delicious and gluten free shortbread cookie to share with your loved ones this Valentine’s Day – look no further!
We all LOVE shortbread over here, but it’s full of fat, sugar, and white flour. I knew I wanted to find a better option for my family but not lose the flavor. We found this recipe over at King Arthur Flour Recipes of all places and it is DELICIOUS! It has all the crunch and rich buttery flavor of my grandmas traditional shortbread but none of the stuff that makes your tummy (or heart) hurt. Enjoy!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 3 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat convection oven to 3o0°F. A regular oven should be at 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Dump all ingredients in your mixer bowl and blend at low speed until dough is firm.
- Roll dough out into flat circle, cut into hearts with cookie cutter. (you can skip this step and just roll into 1″ balls if you want a circle).
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes, until they start to turn light golden brown on top.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and cool them on the pan for 10 minutes. Transfer them to a rack to cool completely before serving.
- I then dip half of them in melted dark chocolate. YUM!! You can leave alone or sprinkle with more colorful candies or sprinkles.
Enjoy! Let me know what you think and if you made any alterations.